Sunday, December 13, 2009

Reflection II

After the teacher-student conference, I think that I get two points that I can develop my following final paper.
For one thing, I think that I have more ideas how I can construct my paper. Before the teacher-student conference, I had a question whether I should be thoroughly opposed to Whole Language or not. The teacher suggested that I apply those ideas that agree with Whole Language to my final paper as long as the ideas that I apply to could not be seriously confronted with my position. After hearing the teacher’s advice, I think that I will state my thesis and agreed with some thesis of Whole Language, such as encouraging students to read and so on. And I will conclude and introduce my readers to the good language teaching and learning methods from my point of view.
For the other, I have learned that I should have positive attitude towards our group discussion. Due to our ignorance of handing in my annotations, our discussions were so plain that our chat could hardly be related to other group members’ annotations and gave suggestions. I think that we should solve our problems, including our laziness and learning attitude. I believe that only by good interaction, our group members and I are able to write much better.
After teacher-student conference, I hope that I can write a good final paper and truly understand more about language teaching.

3 comments:

  1. Why is orality and literacy controversial?
    Now, I can conclude some of my thoughts after acquiring lots of relevant information.
    The reason why orality and literacy is controversial is that we do not clearly define what realtionship between orality and literacy. Besides, different teachers will put different emphasis on his or her teaching. For example, teachers who study linguistics tend to teach that languages are just like tools; comparatively, teachers who study literature tend to teach student in literary ways. Therefore, based on two reasons, we are often confused with which the most language ability is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personal experiences can be used as evidence to support your case, but in this class, we are trying to go beyond that by reading and researching. Do your annotations help you?
    Do you have other factual information? We have discussed how to be an analytic and critical readers by annotating and giving peer response in class meetings. Please review the points in the textbook (p. 170-172). Regarding how to present your opposition side, please refer to the textbook (p. 279-283).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh~~I am jealous!!

    M.Y. only gave you comment!
    I handed in the reflection on time as well, but I got no comment!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete